Leevans Jewellers and Pawnbrokers Privacy Notice
This explains how and why we acquire and use your personal information in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We may collect information about you:
- as part of your loan application and for the purpose of managing your loan agreement
- from you, from public records and from third parties with your consent.
- this includes your name, address, date of birth, contact details, employment information, credit record and your agreement history
- communicate with you by telephone, email, SMS, or post using the contact details you have provided
- manage your account
- prevent fraud and money laundering
- third parties to which we transfer, charge or assign your agreement or which provide services for us
- law enforcement agencies or regulatory bodies where we are required to do so by law
We store your information:
- within the European Economic Area (EEA)
- if we transfer data outside the EEA we will ensure that before we do so, there is adequate protection in place to ensure the security of your data.
We keep your information:
- for as long as it is needed to manage your account and for a maximum of six years unless a longer period is required by law.
You have the right to:
- access the information we hold about you
- ask us to make any changes to your information to make sure it is accurate and up to date
- ask us to stop or limit our use of or to delete your information (we are not obliged to do this in relation to information we need as part of our contractual relationship)
- receive your information in a format that suits you
- transfer your information to a third party
If you have questions, want to exercise your rights or make a complaint, please contact:
Leevans Jewellers and Pawnbrokers
85B Town Street
T: 0113 2585714
If we cannot resolve your complaint, you may contact the Financial Ombudsman Service at:
Financial Ombudsman Service
Tel: 0800 234 567
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. www.ico.org.uk.
Agreement and consent